DATA COLLECTED AND PURPOSE OF DATA PROCESSING
Data that you communicate to us
Data collected Purpose of data processing
Status of user*
(candidate, supplier, investor, etc.) Directing requests to the relevant internal department
Title Bringing nominative / personalized answers to users’ queries
First name and surname* Bringing nominative answers to users’ queries
Country* Direct requests towards the relevant countries
E-Mail* Address users’ queries by electronic means
Phone number Answer users’ queries
The content of messages and files you submit us may also contain personal data.
* Mandatory data
Data identified as mandatory is essential for providing the service requested by the visitor. Failure to fill in a mandatory field will prevent the proper administration of the request.
When you provide us with optional data, you have the right to oppose to their processing at any time by following the procedure detailed in the “Exercise of users’ rights” section.
We will retain the above data for a maximum of 3 years after processing of your request.
EXERCISE OF USERS’ RIGHTS
You have a right to access, rectify or delete personal information collected concerning you. You can request that their processing be restricted, or you can object to them being processed. When we rely on your consent to perform a particular processing, you can withdraw such consent at any time.
If you request the erasure, or object to the processing of data necessary to the performance of our services and/or specified as mandatory, you will no longer be able to access certain Website functions as they require the processing of your data in order to operate.
Should you so request, we may send you the personal data that you have provided to us in an easily accessible format.
You also have the right to define guidelines for the fate of your data after your death.
You may exercise your rights at any time, subject to the production of valid supporting documents, by sending your request:
- by post to: LEGRAND, Centre de Relations Clients, 128 avenue du Maréchal De Latter de Assignee, 87045 LIMOGES CEDEX,
- using the contact form at the following address: https://www.legrand.com/en/contact.
Your request will be processed within one month of receipt. If necessary, this period can be extended by up to two months, in view of the complexity and the number of requests. In this case, you will be informed of this extension and its reasons within one month of receipt of the request.
No payment will be required for the exercise of your rights except in case of manifestly unfounded or excessive demand. In this case, the Legrand Group further reserves the right to not respond to your request.
In the event you remain dissatisfied with our response, we remind you that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the French data protection authority, Commission Informatique et Liberates (CNIL): https://www.cnil.fr/.
CONDITIONS OF DATA PROCESSING
The personal data are processed with the help of manual and computer tools. The sole purpose of this processing is to achieve the objectives stated with a view to ensuring data confidentiality and security.
ACCESS TO DATA
Only the following have access to your personal data, within the limits of their respective assignments:
· The internal services of the company Legrand SNC, established in France, depending on the reason for which you are contacting us: Financial Communication, Export, Human Resources Department, Internal Communication, Legal Department or in charge of the Website management.
· The service provider CLARANET, established in France, responsible for hosting the data collected via the Website.
· The service provider ADSAB, established in France, responsible for the development and maintenance of the Website.
· The platforms and social media: Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter, insofar as they have access to your browsing history on our Website should you consent to such access through or “cookie banner”. We also inform you that those third-party service-provider benefit from a “Privacy Shield” certificate and as such, any potential transfer of your data for hosting purposes in the United States will take place under security and privacy conditions which are considered adequate according to European legislation. To learn more, please consult our “Types of cookies” section below.
· Google as a cookie provider, insofar as they have access to data relating to your browsing history (through the cookie Google Analytics) when you confirm your agreement upon arrival on our Website. We also inform you that Google benefits from a “Privacy Shield” certificate and as such, any possible transfer of your data for hosting purposes in the United States will take place under security and privacy conditions which are considered adequate according to European legislation. For further information, please consult the section below entitled “Type of cookies”.
For more information on how Google uses the data collected through Google Analytics, please consult : https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=fr
We inform you that the aforementioned service providers are bound by an obligation of confidentiality and may only use your data in compliance with our contractual provisions and the applicable legislation.
The LEGRAND Group has implemented adequate physical, electronic, and administrative protection measures that comply with the regulations in order to protect your personal data. The LEGRAND Group would like to draw the users' attention to the potential risks in terms of data confidentiality linked to Internet use. It is the responsibility of the user to set up or ensure the use of a personal secured computer network, as well as to ensure a correct technical configuration of the connection box connected to your Internet service provider and of other devices such as radio access equipment (e.g. WIFI, 4G, etc.).
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
While you are browsing, cookies are stored on your device (computer, mobile phone, tablet), subject to the choice you have made and that you can change at any time by managing your settings (see “Accept or reject cookies”).
Placed on your terminal when you visit a website, a cookie is a small text file containing information about your browsing (pages viewed, date and time of the consultation, etc.), whose main purpose is to enhance your visit and allow you to receive targeted services. The term “cookie” is hereafter referring to cookies, trackers, pixels and any other technologies.
Types of cookies
· Internal cookies required for the Website to operate
has Cookie Information allowing to make sure that the Internet user's workstation supports and accepts cookies on the Legrand.com website
Session ID Nr-data.net: Records the parameter configurations of users through page requests Expiration: session
Mapping-# Legrand.com: Records the address and port number of web server that handles the session. Used to enhance security of website’s performance. Expiration: session
enabled Legrand.com: Used to determine whether the visitor accepted the cookie consent box Expiration: 1 year
cookie Doubleclick.net: Used to check whether the browser of the visitor accepts cookies Expiration: 1 day
These cookies are strictly necessary to the functioning of the Website.
The personal data (unique ID identifier, IP address, information on user’s equipment) is collected on the contract basis.
· Audience measurement cookies
_ga _gat _gid GOOGLE ANALYTICS: used to record statistics about the internet user's equipment and browsing history (statistics) Expiration: 14 months
Collect GOOGLE ANALYTICS: Used to send data to Google Analytics on the equipment and behavior of visitor. Tracks visitor through equipment and marketing canals. Expiration: session
HOTJAR: allows to study the behavior of the user on the Legrand.com website. No personal data is stored Expiration: 13 months
advertiser AT-INTERNET: used to record statistics about the internet user's equipment and browsing history (statistics) on the Legrand.com site. No personal data is stored. Expiration: 13 months
Idrxvr Legrand.com: Determines whether the user’s behavioral pattern Expiration: session
The personal data collected is: unique ID identifier, IP address, information on user’s equipment, activities performed on the Website: date of first and last visit / duration of visit / time of arrival and departure from the Website.
No nominal data is stored, and no statistical data is cross-referenced with any nominal data that the Legrand Group may have.
· Third party cookies aimed at improving the interactivity of the Website
The Website displays offers service made available by third parties.
· The share buttons of the following social networks: o Facebook. You will find a list and an overview of Facebook social plugins at the following address: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins. For more information on Facebook's policy concerning personal data protection, please refer to: http://www.facebook.com/policy.php o Twitter. For more information on Twitter's policy concerning personal data protection, https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=fr o LinkedIn. For more information on LinkedIn’s policy concerning personal data protection, please refer to: : https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
· Videos shown on the Software: o YouTube. You will find a list and an overview of YouTube social plugins at the following address: https://www.youtube.com/intl/fr/yt/dev/. For more information on You tube's policy concerning personal data protection, please refer to: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801895
These features use third-party cookies directly deposited by these services.
The personal data collected (unique ID identifier, IP address, information on user’s equipment, activities performed on the Website) is retained for a duration between 1 and 24 months by these third-party service providers.
At the time of your first visit, a banner informs you about the presence of such cookies and invites you to indicate your choice. They are only deposited if you accept them, such consent shall thus constitute the legal basis for processing. You may decide to withdraw your consent at any time, to do so please follow the directions detailed below, “Accept or reject cookies”.
Accept or reject cookies
You can set your browser to store cookies in your terminal or reject them, either routinely, or depending on where they originate from, or to inform you each time a cookie is stored in your terminal, so you can decide whether to accept or reject them.
However, the deletion of all cookies used may lead to the alteration or loss of certain settings or information and make browsing difficult or even impossible.
Every browser is configured differently. You need to follow the instructions in your browser's editor as listed below (links available at the date of updating this page): - If you are using Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies - If you are using Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11913 - If you are using Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer - If you are using Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB - If you are using Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
If you are using different terminals, make sure you configure the browser on each of them in accordance with your preferences.
For more information about cookies and their impact, please visit the "Vos traces" (Your traces) section of the CNIL website (the French personal data protection authority): http://www.cnil.fr/vos-libertes/vos-traces/les-cookies/.
Minors aged under fifteen are not the target user group of the Website. However, access to the Website is not restricted to adults since the contents of the Website are not prohibited for minors under 15.
The Website does not knowingly gather or use any personal information from children under 15. If information is gathered by the Website concerning a minor, the minor’s legal representative has the possibility to contact the Customer Relations Centre of Legrand in order to rectify, modify or delete this information (see “Exercise of user’s rights”).
This document may be modified at any time without prior notice. We invite you to consult it regularly.